Tuesday 8 May 2012

Buffet Time at Acaci in Acacia Hotel

I was curious to try out the buffet spread at Acacia Hotel.  I invited my friend to drive up all the way to the South for this.

The buffet was located on the mezzanine floor which was quite airy and spacious.  We had reservations at 11:00 for the lunch buffet.

The interiors were totally modern.  






We especially liked the upholstered chairs.  




Service was a bit slow considering that we were the only diners in the first hour of the buffet which is from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.

The buffet costs Php 1,086 with one round of iced tea or pandan drink and comes with coffee or tea.

We lingered over the appetizers and sushi area.




I tried 4 out of the 5 dishes below.  I'm not fond of spicy dishes which is why I avoided the Kimchi (see upper left of the photo below).




The salmon sashimi was very fresh while the tuna sashimi was a tad dry.  I had second servings of the salmon sashimi.  The steamed shrimp was quite good as well.




A taste of Italy was offered in the parma ham and perfectly ripe honey dew melon.  When the melon is this ripe, the salty flavor of the parma ham is enhanced.




Being a salmon aficionado, I likewise tried the smoked salmon with dill sauce which was up to par with other hotel buffets.




My first plate consisted of different appetizers...




The entrees included pork sisig, beef slices, roast chicken, steamed fish, pasta and the carving station featured lamb.  

They also had a mongolian station which I failed to try because I was so full from the appetizers station.

For dessert, there's a halo halo station, chocolate fondue and various pastries.  I especially liked the brownies and the strawberry mousse.

Out of 5 stars, I would give this buffet a 3.5.  The ambiance made up for the lackluster taste of some of their dishes. We went on a Thursday and according to their staff, the dishes they serve are changed on a daily basis.


----------------------------------------

Acaci Buffet @ Acacia Hotel
5400 East Asia Drive corner Commerce Avenue
Filinvest Corporate City,
Alabang, Muntinlupa City
Tel. No.  720 2000

-----------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment