Wednesday 25 July 2012

Dessert Time at Mango Tree Bistro

Whenever my foodie friend and I would get together, we always manage to save room for dessert or coffee, at the very least. After our healthy lunch at Geisha (I will be blogging about this soon!), we headed over to Mango Tree Bistro to have some authentic Thai desserts.

The interiors presented itself as modern Asian. The dining space was huge and the decor is a mixture of wood elements softened by the use of upholstered seats.  





We each had the Tub Tim Grob which is essentially red ruby chestnuts immersed in coconut milk with shaved ice. I love coconut milk so there's definitely no contest as to my extreme liking for this dessert.  The crunch from the chestnuts definitely added to the appeal of this dessert.




My foodie friend liked their Iced Coffee which is basically just standard Thai coffee fare.




We agreed to get one more dessert and decided on the Green Mango Cheesecake. This was indeed the favorite of my foodie friend's son who can't seem to get enough of the cheesecake. I liked that it was creamy and had the consistency of gelatin. The tartness of the mango also made this dessert stand out from other cheesecakes.




Mango Tree Bistro in High Street has so much to offer apart from their desserts and we plan to come back real soon to try their offerings.  

As for the purpose of our visit, let's just say, "Mission accomplished!".


============================

Mango Tree Bistro
Bonifacio High Street, Taguig
Website:  http://www.mangotree.com.ph/index.html

============================


2 comments:

  1. You willbemy foodie tour guide when i go home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would by my pleasure, Len!

    ReplyDelete